Motor oil is the lifeblood of your vehicle, and without proper lubrication, your vehicles internal components will experience wear and tear due to friction, filth, and increased heat production. The proper lubricants will help to keep your engine cool, clean and well lubricated, which equals less cash at the pump, reduced emissions, better mileage and extends the life of your vehicle.
Royal Purple oils are state-of-the-art synthetic lubricants developed to increase the performance of your vehicle and is known as a world-class, highly respected brand. Below, in our Royal Purple Oil Reviews, you’ll be introduced to 5 of Royal Purples most popular products and the benefits they offer your car, truck, motorcycle or boat.
A quick look at the top rated royal purple oils
5 Best Royal Purple Oil Reviews
Royal Purple 06530-6PK High-Performance Motor Oil is completely synthetic, with not a hint of any crude oil elements like traditional automotive motor oils, offering you protection against wear and tear, keeps your engine clean and meets ILSAC GF-5 and Dexos1 performance requirements.
Increased fuel efficiency is due to the lessening of friction, their 5W-30 oil actually meeting the economy requirements of a competitors 5W-20 oil. Advanced additive technology means that the patented ZDDP additives work to protect your catalytic emission system by optimizing emissions catalyst system lifespan. They blend premium base oils along with proprietary additive technologies, which work together to ensure you get the best engine performance possible. Royal Purple will keep your engine cool and well lubricated, protect you against corrosion, as well as being compatible with a variety of fuels that contain ethanol. This API-licensed synthetic motor oil works equally well for both gasoline and diesel powered engines.
- Increased fuel efficiency & better wear protection
- Enhanced additive technology
- Excellent protection for your catalytic emission system
- Does not have Synerlec
Summary: Royal Purple 06530-6PK High Performance Motor Oil is a good all around choice for those of you who are looking for a state-of-the-art oil for either gas or diesel engines. This is a high-quality synthetic motor oil for your vehicle, giving you protection against metal on metal friction, corrosion, keeps internals cool, increases fuel efficiency and provides protection to your catalytic emission system. Also, if you drive ethanol, this motor oil has improved its formula so it is more compatible with ethanol fuels.
Royal Purple 6520 API-Licensed SAE 5W-20 High-Performance Motor Oil is a high-performance synthetic motor oil that is known as the “Performance oil that outperforms” and is available in both multi-grade and straight-grade.
This blend of synthetic oils is formulated with Royal Purple’s own enhanced additive technology, which is designed to reduce metal on metal friction so prevents engine wear and overheating, so your engine stays clean, cool and getting great gas mileage. Their patented ZDDP additive will work with your cars catalytic emission system protecting it and increasing its lifespan for your vehicle.
Their research and development team has worked hard to create a tenacious synthetic oil that will stick to your engines surfaces, well after your turn off the ignition, and be there waiting for when you start your vehicle again. Other features include compatibility with ethanol fuels, corrosion and catalytic system protection, plus 6520 meets Chrysler MS-6395T, Ford WSS-M2C945-A and GM6094M specifications.
- Better Wear Protection
- Increased Fuel Efficiency
- Better Protection for the Catalytic System
- Improved Compatibility with Ethanol Fuels
- Superior Corrosion Protection
- More expensive than competitors oil
Summary: Royal Purple 06520-6PK API-Licensed SAE 5W-20 High Performance Synthetic Motor oil is a good, solid and dependable motor oil for every day use in your car or truck. Having your catalytic systems become filthy not only reduces your mileage but also may cost you at the mechanics, so 6520 is formulated to ensure your catalytic system runs smooth, cool and clean. Also, if you choose the ethanol fuel type, Royal Purple improved the formula, so it is compatible with ethanols.
Royal Purple 01300 Max Gear 75W-90 High Performance Synthetic Automotive Gear Oil is a non-corrosive, cooling, synthetic oil with limited slip additives, and maximizes your horsepower. This is a versatile motor oil, and is used to obtain the maximum amount of protection you need by eliminating the friction of metal on metal parts.
Made for most cars, trucks and sport utility vehicles as well as lower gear units in some marine motors, extending gear and bearing life, and is transmission synchronizer safe. Other features include, lower coefficient of friction, separates quickly from water, has anti-slip additives for posi/anti-slip differentials, and meets vehicle warranty requirements.
This is a GL-4 and GL-5 vehicle gear oil and works to protect heavily loaded gears, and improving performance throughout the drivetrain, and does this using Royal Purple’s own proprietary Synslide additive technology. Synslide does this by coating the metal with a thick, tough, slippery film preventing metal on metal contact, displacing water from the metal and its anti-corrosive properties work well in wet environments, so it is perfect for boating or marine racing.
- Increases horsepower and extends gear life
- Cools operating temperature
- Reduces friction from metal on metal contact
- Protects against corrosion, even in wet environments
- Quickly separates from water
- Works well, but may be too pricey for some, considering the amount sold
Summary: Royal Purple 01300 Max Gear 75W-90 High-Performance Synthetic Automotive Gear Oil is first and foremost the perfect motor oil for wet environments due to the Synslide additive technology, so if you own a boat or live in an area with high precipitation, this is for you. Works for cars and trucks as well, increasing your horsepower, protecting against corrosion, and keeping your gears cool and extending their lifespan, which saves you money in the long run on mechanic bills.
Royal Purple 11744 HMX SAE 5W-30 High-Mileage Premium Motor Oil is completely synthetic and made tough with zinc and phosphorus compounds which fight the ravages daily wear, and is perfect for vehicles with a lot of mileage under their belts.
These anti-wear additives have been successfully blended with Royal Purples own Synerlec propriety additive technology. This technology functions to lessen friction when metal hits metal reduces the effects of aging, which optimizes the performance of your engine due to its superior film strength. Older, high mileage gasoline engines suffer an increase of oil consumption, so 11744 HMX is formulated for vehicles of 75,000 miles or more to bring life back and helps to condition hardened seals which reduces oil consumption.
Add the fact that HMX is formulated with strong detergents which work to remove the thick buildup of deposits, which give you a clean running engine. All of this means that by using HMX, you are guaranteeing that your engine will have a much longer life. This oil saves on gas, works to keep your parts lubricated, and is suitable for engines with API service SJ, SL, SM, and SN.
- Engine will run smoother, cooler and cleaner
- Increase in overall performance
- Save on fuel costs
- Recommended for gas powered engines with 75,000 miles or more
- Synerlec Technology for reduced friction and excellent durability
- May need to purchase the Royal Purple oil filters to see optimum benefits
Summary: Royal Purple 11744 HMX SAE 5W-30 High-Mileage Synthetic Motor Oil is developed for those of you out there who have vehicles with gasoline engines with high mileage, over 75,000 miles. Fantastic buy to keep those older engines clean, cool and running smooth, as it’s formulated with some tough detergents to scrub away the grim, filth and deposits which can damage your internal components over time. If you have a high mileage vehicle, you simply cannot go wrong with HMS, as it can save you money in the long run, both at the pump and mechanic visits.
Royal Purple 31130 HPS 10W-30 High Performance Street Synthetic Motor Oil is made for your gas or diesel engine and works to keep your engine cool, lubricated and reduces the overall engine wear due to day to day driving.
It will also save you on fuel costs at the tank, reduce your emissions and ensure that your engine performs well with a longer lifespan. 31130’s formula is also designed to help you start your car up on cold, winter mornings, so no cold start-up issues for those in cooler climates. HPS is formulated with Royal Purple’s very own advanced anti-wear additive technology which includes an elevated zinc/phosphorus blend to protect against wear, and Synerlec which improves oil life and film strength of the oil.
You’ll also notice fast and quick removal of gum and varnish from your engines internal components, which translates into engine longevity. Other features include high alkalinity, good for flat tappet valve trains, durable film strength, corrosion resistant, and an increase in overall performance.
- High zinc/phosphorous content
- Perfect for flat tappet valve trains
- High alkalinity for longer engine life
- Superior film strength
- Good oil, but may be too expensive for some
Summary: Royal Purple 31130 HPS 10W-30 High Performance Street Synthetic Motor Oil is an anti-corrosive oil with superior film strength, formulated with their own Synerlec additive technology, and is the oil of choice for those of you who live in cold climates and want easy engine startups in sub-zero temperatures. The high alkaline formula contains a high zinc/phosophorous blend which protects your engine from wear while prolonging its lifespan.
Things to consider when buying a royal purple oil
Royal Purple research and development team work to create synthetic lubricants which are designed to outperform the competition. To accomplish this, Royal Purple has developed and patented its own advanced additive technologies such as Synerlec, which increase viscosity, bonding and film strength of their oils. In order to find the best product for your needs, we’ve included a list of 6 factors to consider when shopping for your Royal Purple motor oil.
1. Choose the Correct Oil for Your Vehicle : The Society of Automotive Engineers, or SAE, is responsible for determining for the grades of motor oils. They grade the oil using numbers between 0 and 60 that gauge viscosity, with the higher number referring to a thicker oil: A motor oil with an SAE of 5W-30 means that in the cold, the viscosity is 5, and at 30 degrees for normal operation. You must only use the motor oil grade for your vehicle, which you find in your owners manual.
2. Mileage : The mileage on your car determines the type of Royal Purple oil you’ll choose. If you drive an F-150 pickup which has over 100,000 miles, then your best bet would be to purchase their HMX high-mileage oil. This oil has been formulated with anti-wear additives, and Synerlec technology to improve engine performance resists corrosion, as well as having detergents which clean away engine deposits.
3. High Performance Needs : If you enjoy driving fast, going to the dirt tracks on weekends or are a professional race car driver, then you need one of Royal Purples motor oils specifically formulated to deal with the increased engine heat and wear that comes with pushing the pedal to the metal. For the weekend, casual racers or those who just enjoy taking their sports car out for a quick speed spin, then their street oils, may be all you need. If you are a professional auto or marine racer, then you’d need something tougher, like Royal Purple’s XPR oil.
4. Gear Oils : If you need your manual transmissions, automatic transmissions, front or rear differentials to run smoother, and cleaner, then you’d need an oil specially formulated to extend gear life. Royal Purple’s Max Gear is a powerful automotive gear oil that uses the best synthetic oil blend along with their own patented additive, Synerlec. Max Gear is made with hypoid friction modifiers which work specifically in clutch or cone differentials.
5. Standard Performance Needs : When your car or truck is your workhorse, then you need a motor oil that takes care of the needs of day to day driving and hauling. These are the Royal Purple API (American Petroleum Institute) licensed oils that are warranty compliant for newer cars. They are formulated to specifically take care of your cars or trucks internal components and extend their life.
6. Advanced Additive Technologies : Royal Purple created an additive technology specifically to outperform its competitors, and you will see some of these additives mentioned in our reviews below. Each Oil is created to improve the performance of the vehicle for which it is intended, so read the oils specifications and choose the motor oil which will best benefit your own vehicle. These include: SYNERLEC®, SYNSLIDE®, PUROLEC®, and DYNAGLYDE® additive technologies.
The Final Words (Summary)
This Royal Purple Oil Review was intended to introduce you to the world of Royal Purple high performance synthetic oils. These oils are known as some of the best on the market and have helped millions of drivers extend the life and health of their vehicles internal components.
Royal Purple strives to be the best of the best by creating their own, specific additive technologies so they can outperform the competition in any engine, gas or diesel, or any vehicle, from motorcycles, trucks, boats or cars. Thanks again for joining us and we look forward to seeing you again when we enter the world of everything automotive to find the best and most innovative products for you and your vehicle.