When you may rely on your smartphone to wake you up in the morning, this may not be the best way to go through about waking up. Relying on a smartphone when you want to look at the time at night can lead to the destruction of a peaceful night sleep since you might get tempted to reading emails or getting on social media.
To ensure that you can get a peaceful night and one without distractions, getting an alarm clock is the best way to go when you want to ensure that you will not sleep for an extended period. For heavy sleepers, an alarm clock also becomes the best way to go about waking up in the morning especially when you can’t hear the loudest tone on your smartphone. When want to buy the best alarm clock for heavy sleepers, how can you ensure that you only get the best? Let’s find out as discussed below are some helpful tips and the best clocks that you should consider in your purchase.
A quick look at the top rated alarm clocks
7 Best Alarm Clocks For Heavy Sleepers Reviewed
As the best alarm clock in our review, this is the new version of the sunrise alarm clock. It has a more stylish look and better texture, while it also offers a better interaction between human and machine. As such, this is what you need when looking for a clock to wake you up each morning.
With this clock, you can be sure to have an alarm clock that will serve for long. It is built to last while it has a more friendly operation while compared to other clocks. The alarm features a sunlight light meant to wake you up gently. The light features ten levels of brightness which increase gradually to wake you up gently. Hence, you can be sure never to get scared because of by a sudden sound of the alarm.
Besides helping you wake up, this alarm acts as a new sleeping aid solution. It features a sunset simulation function which you can set to determine the time sunset lasts. As such, it acts to emit a weak light that helps you sleep. Once the light turns off, it depicts that it is time to sleep. The clock comes with seven sounds and seven colors that change like a rainbow.
Some of the featured sounds include a beep sound, birds, FM radio, waves, light music, and forests. This means that you can use the clock as an FM radio, and a bedside lamp due to the FM radio sound and the seven color changing lights. The alarm is portable to allow you to take it with you anywhere. It only weighs 1 pound while it measures 1 x 1 x 1 inches.
- It is reasonably priced
- Comes with ten brightness levels to allow you to use it for different functions
- It includes a clear FM radio
- Lightweight and features moderate noise levels
- The easy-to-understand manual makes it easy to set
- Buttons can be insensitive at times
- It includes a lot of functions but the same button operation
Summary: As the best alarm clock in this review, this device offers a better interaction between humans and machines. It features a sunlight light that is meant to wake you up gently. This light has up to 7 levels of brightness that increase gradually so that you don’t get scared due to the sudden sound of the alarm. It can act to help you sleep by emitting a light that weakens until it turns off.
The alarm comes with seven sounds including an FM radio so that you can also use it as a bedside radio. What’s more are seven colored lights that change like a rainbow to allow you to use it as a bedside lamp. It has a compact size and weight to let you take it anywhere.
This alarm features a clear clock display. It has white digits and calibrations that are printed on the transparent face and edged with black. This creates a clear view of the screen while it also makes it look stylish. The clock is easy to read in the dark due to the backlight it produces when you press the light button. This soft blue light is visible in the dark and gentle to the eyes so that it is comfortable for you to use immediately after waking up.
It produces a loud melody sound while it includes a snooze function. The sound remains loud while cycling through seven shuffled melodies instead of remaining on a single beep. This makes it perfect for use with kids and heavy sleepers alike. You can use its snooze function to make it pause for four minutes to allow you to take a quick four-minute nap.
With this alarm by the bedside, you can be sure to have a peaceful sleep due to the silent sweeping hand clock. It moves silently without a tick-tock noise making it user-friendly to create a cool sleeping environment. The alarm requires 2AA batteries for it to operate. It measures 3.7 x 1.8 x 3.7 inches while it weighs 7 ounces so that it is easy for you to take it with you.
- Features an extra loud alarm
- It includes an easy to read display
- Comes with different sounds to wake you up
- It includes easy-to-follow instructions & it has a pretty design
- The numbers on the front side start to flash when the alarm goes out
- It doesn’t support AM/PM settings
- It doesn’t include the needed AA batteries
Summary: This alarm clock is perfect for you to use even in the dark. It features a clear clock display that features white digits edged with black to make its numbers easy to read. The clock produces a soft blue light once you press its light button so that it is visible in the dark. It produces a loud melody which is a cycle of seven shuffled tunes making it perfect for use by heavy sleepers.
Additionally, it includes a snooze function that allows you to take an additional four-minutes nap. The clock features a silent sweeping hand clock so that it doesn’t produce a tick-tock noise making it provide you with a cool sleeping environment.
Are you a heavy sleeper who finds it difficult to hear the sound of the alarm you currently own? If so, you might want to consider buying one of these. It is a turbo-charged loud vibrating alarm clock that produces 113db sound. As such, it can rattle your windows and force you to wake up. The alarm clock is suitable for use in a room with roommates since it provides you with the option to switch off the sound and wake up to the powerful bed shake.
It features built-in pulsating alert lights that work handily with the vibrating function to ensure that you can wake up. What’s more is an adjustable volume and tone which gives you the chance to customize it based on your needs. You can use the alarm while operating it on the 12 or 24-hour function due to its 12/24 hour time capability. More to that, you can set it to suit your snooze time since it allows you to snooze it for 1 to 30 minutes based on your choice.
The clock is available in a variety of colors giving you the chance to pick that which matches to your decor. It shows the time as an explosive red display so that it is clear to use even in the dark. Additionally, it features a test function which you can use to ensure that the clock is set properly. It comes with a battery backup to give you a continuous run time.
- Bright LED makes it easy to read the time
- It can snooze for up to 30 minutes
- It has a loud alarm and vibrating alarm that will wake you up when dead asleep
- It includes a light for easy operation in the dark
- Compact and lightweight design so that it doesn’t take much space
- It doesn’t support the 24-hour clock format
- Setting it is quite difficult
Summary: Equipped with a powerful bed shaker and an extra loud adjustable alarm, this is the alarm clock you need to get you on your feet. It produces a sound of up to 113db so that it can rattle your windows and force your eyes open. It is suitable for use if you have roommates in the same room since you can switch off the sound and wake up to the powerful bed shaker. The alarm allows you to set its snooze function for up to 30 minutes, while you can use it on the 12 or 24-hour clock.
This serves as one of the best alarm clocks due to its 113db extra loud alarm and powerful 12V bed shaker that will automatically wake you up when it rings. The alarms features and adjustable tome and volume control so that you can adjust it to suit that sound that will wake you.
It features a large easy-to-read display to allow you to have a clear view of the time at all times. What’s more are two dual powers and dual time features. It comes with a 100V power supply and also works with 220V transformers. More to that is its capability to read the time in 24/12hours. As such, you can be sure to set it to provide you with the time reading that is easy for you to comprehend.
The clock comes with two switches. One is ideal to allow you to switch from 50Hz 110V to 60Hz 220V, while the other helps you switch between the 12/24 hour time. Hence, you can be sure to have a clock that is easy to use. More to that is that it comes complete with a hi/low dimmer switch. With this, you can set the brightness of light featured on it to enable you to have a good night sleep. Whats more is that it comes with a battery backup so that it maintains its time if power happens to go out.
- It is easy to use
- It comes with instructions that are easy to understand
- It features a bed shaking function making it suitable for use by the deaf
- It produces a loud enough music to awaken heavy sleepers
- It is a little difficult to set
Summary: With a 113db extra loud alarm and powerful 12V bed shaker this alarm will absolutely wake you up even when dead asleep. It comes with a large and easy-to-read display that will let you see the time in all conditions. With it, you can set your time in 12/24 hours so that it is easy for you to comprehend.
The clock includes a hi/low dimmer switch to allow you to set an ideal level of lighting so that it doesn’t distract you when asleep. More to that are two switches one to switch from 50Hz 110V to 60Hz 220V, and the other to switch between the 12/24 hour time.
This clock is ideal for use by kids, adults, the old, among other individuals due to its simplicity of operation. It can produce a night light so that it acts as a perfect companion for the kids who are afraid of the dark. To activate the light, you simply need to press the top button, and there you are in a lit-up room.
The clock produces a loud alarm sound that lasts for 5 minutes so that it will let you walk out of bed. You can set the sound to be high or low so that it suits that noise that will wake you up depending on your personal needs. Besides the loud sound it produces, it features a 9-minute snooze function. With this, you can set the time you want it to snooze so that it gives you some minutes to rest and stretch before waking up.
The clock comes with red-illuminated numbers so that it is easy for you to read even at night. What’s more, is a dimmable slider that will let you control the brightness level of the LED light so that it leaves you comfortable at night. To power the clock, you need an AC 120V power outlet. You only need to plug in the power cord, and there you are ready to go. More to that, you should pop in two AAA batteries on the battery compartment so that you can ensure that your time reading will not get affected in the case of a power outage. As such, you can be sure to have the right time reading once you get one of these.
- Features an easy-to-read LED with large and clear digits
- It can take backup batteries in the case of a power failure
- It includes a bright light on the top that can enable you to read at night
- Gives the option of a high and low volume setting
- It includes a 9-minute snooze function
- It features a nice design that is small, compact and lightweight
- The location of the alarm button isn’t convenient
- Its LED light is only available in red colors
Summary: As one of the most reliable Alarm clocks, this clock will let you read the right time at all times even after a power outage. It features a battery compartment from where you can pop in 2 AAA batteries so that you have the unit reading the right time at all times. The clock is easy to operate while it comes with a night light so that it emits night in the dark. This makes it a perfect clock for use by the kids.
It features large red-illuminated numbers that make it easy for you to read the time in the dark. More to that is a dimmer slider that will let you set the right brightness level of the LED to ensure that you are comfortable at all times. The clock is perfect for use by heavy sleepers since its alarm sounds for up to 5minutes to assure you that it will wake you up. It also has a 9-minute snooze function just in case you will want to sleep for some additional minutes after the alarm sounds. You can place the clock on your bedside table due to the rubber feet that will assure you that it will not slide.
This is a multipurpose alarm and timer that will wake you even when deep asleep. It produces an extra loud 120db sound so that you will hear it despite your level of sleep. The clock can emit three levels of sound so that you can customize it to suit your needs.
It uses one 9V battery to ensure continuous operation. For that reason, this clock gives you a long time service without change any battery. It features assorted colors so that it is bright for use in every decor. What’s more, is that it glows in the dark making it easy for you to locate it when in a dark room.
- It is loud enough to wake you up when dead asleep
- It features an adjustable volume
- It has a long-lasting battery
- Includes a pre-set alarm that goes off earlier than the set alarm
- A little difficult to operate the settings
- You need to reset the alarm each night
Summary: This clock has the capacity of producing a 120db sound, making it ideal for use by persons who can’t hear a low sounding alarm. It can create three levels of noise so that it is perfect to serve different needs. The clock is powered by a 9V battery. It glows in the dark making it easy to locate in a dark room.
This is a dual alarm clock that allows you to set two different wake-up times. You can either use it with the ringtone or radio sound option. It features a digital FM radio which auto scans with frequencies from 87.5MHz to 108MHz. It can save up to 20 stations so that you can easily choose your favorite radio frequency.
The clock includes a snooze function to allow you to get an extra 10 minutes to sleep. What’s more is a large 3.2″ dimmable LCD with six levels of brightness to enable you to meet your preferred brightness level. With this clock, you can know your room’s temperature due to the featured indoor thermometer.
It uses 3* AAA batteries which aren’t included in the package. With it, you can charge two electronic devices at a time with the dual USB charging ports. The USB 1 output 1.1A interface is suitable for charging phones while the USB 2 output 2.1A interface is ideal for charging tablets, iPads, and iPods. What’s more is that it allows you to listen to favorite music on your iPad, iPhone, and other Android devices through the 3.5mm AUX audio input.
- It includes different alarm tunes
- It has built-in USB chargers to help power a phone
- It is easy to set up and also pre-programmed
- It remembers its time after an electrical failure
- It includes a radio that is programmable and with clear stations
- It does not come with the required 3AAA batteries
- Its speakers are not of the best quality
Summary: This is a digital alarm clock that features a 3.5mm AUX audio input. With this, you can connect compatible devices to listen to music on your iPhone, and other Android devices. The clock includes two USB ports. With these, you can be sure to charge your smartphones, tablets, among other devices.
What’s more, is a digital FM radio with a memory of up to 20 programmable radio stations. This allows you to listen to your favorite stations with a simple press of a button. The alarm clock uses the FM radio sound to wake you up or the included ringtone sounds. It also includes a snooze feature which gives you the chance to sleep for an additional 10 minutes
How to choose alarm clocks for heavy sleepers?
1. Sound level: What is the rated sound level of the alarm clock you are about to purchase? A reliable alarm clock needs to be loud enough so that you can hear it even when dead asleep. Moreover, it should have an adjustable volume to allow you to customize it based on your needs and mood.
2. Led brightness: A good alarm clock should feature an easy to read LED so that you can have an easy time when reading the time after waking up. For you to get the best clock, better opt for one with a dimmable slider so that you can set the ideal level of the LED brightness to ensure that it will not distract you when asleep.
3. Ease of use: A good alarm clock should be easy to use. Here, look for one with buttons and controls that will be easy for you to reach. You should ensure that if it features the 12/24 hour clock settings, you can be able to change these with ease. What’s more, it should have the button that lights its night light in an accessible location.
4. Different sounds: When searching for an alarm clock to rely on as a heavy sleeper, search for one with a variety of tunes and music meant to wake you up. This is a great feature so that you can break the monotony. After all, hearing the same sound on a daily basis may make you get used to it to the point that you can’t wake up to it. So, search for a clock that features different sounds.
The Final Words (Summary)
The alarm clocks reviewed above are the best alarm clocks for heavy sleepers. They can produce a loud noise that will let you get on your feet even when dead asleep. Some of them include a bed-shaking function so that you will not afford to ignore their sound. So, be sure to try one that contains the features that entice you and be sure to have a great investment.